Dr Scott Fanning graduated from the University of Queensland with Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (First-class Honours), and was awarded a University Medal for Outstanding Academic Achievement. He completed his Gastroenterology training with appointments at Launceston General Hospital, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, and Westmead Hospital.
Dr Fanning spent two years in Clinical Endoscopy Fellow positions in Sydney. Firstly, as the Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) Fellow at Concord Hospital, and then as the Interventional Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Fellow in Australia’s most prestigious Endoscopy Unit at Westmead Hospital.
During that time Dr Fanning gained extensive experience in complex polypectomy and endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), gastro-oesophageal and pancreaticobiliary endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) including tumour staging and fine-needle aspiration, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic stenting and palliation of malignancy, and other aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
Dr Fanning is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and has been accredited by the Conjoint Committee For Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (CCRTGE).
Areas of special interest include:
– General Gastroenterology
– Bowel cancer screening/prevention
– Removal of large colonic polyps
– Diseases of the bile duct and pancreas (including Endoscopic Ultrasound and ERCP)
– Spyglass Cholangioscopy
– Gastro-oesophageal reflux
– Oesophageal manometry and pH studies
– Management of Barrett’s oesophagus
– Inflammatory Bowel Disease
– Open Access Endoscopy
– Small bowel capsule endoscopy & Balloon Enteroscopy
– Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery conferred with First-Class Honours
– University Medal (U.Q.) awarded for Outstanding Academic Achievement
– Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
– Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
– American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
– American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
– Member of St Vincent’s Private Hospital Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) from 2015-2020