Launceston Gastroenterology is a Specialist medical practice operated by Dr Scott Fanning, specialising in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract.
Dr Fanning aims to provide exceptional care, compassion, and sensitivity in the diagnosis and management of disorders of the digestive tract. He has particular expertise in diagnostic and interventional endoscopy.
Dr Fanning is fully accredited in all diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal procedures including gastroscopy, colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy, balloon enteroscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), and endoscopic ultrasound (EUS). He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, and has been accredited by the Conjoint Committee For Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (CCRTGE).
Dr Fanning is actively involved in the teaching of Medical students and Gastroenterology Registars at Launceston General Hospital, and has an ongoing commitment to postgraduate research.
His areas of special interest include: –
– General Gastroenterology
– Bowel cancer screening / prevention
– Open Access Endoscopy
– Advanced gastrointestinal endoscopy
– Removal of large colonic polyps
– Diseases of the bile duct and pancreas, including Spyglass Cholangioscopy & Holmium Laser Lithotripsy
– Gastro-oesophageal reflux
– Oesophageal manometry and pH studies
– Management of Barrett’s oesophagus
– Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis)
– Small bowel capsule endoscopy & Balloon Enteroscopy
Dr Fanning is available to care for privately-insured patients at St Vincent’s Hospital, and public patients at Launceston General Hospital.
Open access endoscopy is available for appropriate patients. Please ask your Doctor if you are interested in this option.
We look forward to hearing from you with regard to any of your gastrointestinal concerns.
Entry via Frederick Street. Proceed up the driveway, and under the portico.
Two carparks are available on the left, directly in front of our rooms.